Monday, July 25, 2011

First Post

Well, this is the most difficult post- the FIRST post. 

For many Heathen folks, you may have seen me on various email lists, forums, social networking, etc., as Freyadora. It's not anything other than a cutsie name made up for ease of use on the internet. It's not any kind of alter-ego, or spiritual identity, or other such thing. But, since that may be familiar to folks, I included it in the name of my blog.

I'm a Heathen woman married to a Heathen man, with two beautiful children who are being raised as, your guessed it, Heathen. While I have spent many years honoring and making offerings to Freya, I only stepped onto this path of Asatru and Heathenry back in 2005. 

This may be a little odd among Heathens, but I've been rather private about my religious/spiritual pursuits. Community is a large part of Heathenry. Perhaps it's because since 2005, I went back to school, started a massage practice, had two kids, bought land to build our home, and a dozen other things. There just hasn't been a lot of time, opportunity, or resources for socializing and connecting with other Heathens. So, our Heathen activities have centered around the home, more than regional gatherings. We have, however, been very grateful to blot with other Heathens when the opportunity has presented itself.

On the chance that someone is, however, curious about Heathenry, Heathen life, or at least how our family lives it, it will be recorded here. I can't really even guess how frequently I might post here, as it will most likely be a "when the mood hits me" kind of thing.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog, can't wait to read more about your Heathen ways. :)

    ReplyDelete